From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 17:26:03 -0700
>From:    Caryl Rion <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: WE CAUGHT THE ECE!

Dear Caryl: Hi there!  WE went through a bout of viral enteritis (probably
ECE) more than a year ago and the one most important thing we did was learn
how to give our fuzzies sub-cutaneous fluids.  It isn't for the faint of
heart but can be an invaluable tool to have in your "nursing" kit.  For
those who would drink we used a big dropper that I got for free at Payless;
it's normally used to give babies medication.  Another good water feeder is
the plastic bottle with screw on syringe cap that amoxicillon sometimes
comes in - I always have one of these in the car when we go to the vets.

The second most important thing was to hand feed, feed, feed, lots of turkey
soup and/or turkey baby food (food without onion powder mixed in).  There
should be some good turkey or other meat recipes for soup posted on the Web
(search under Duck Soup).  Sometimes we had to force feed, using a syringe.
Also, each one got bubble-gum flavored amoxicillon (a favorite for many of
them) as well.

That and lots of TLC brought our guys through!

Hope this helps

>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bob C: Back At Home
>Fert Update: m Sand and Foster are doing great!  Almost all of Sandy's hair
>has returned, except for a monk-like patch on her rump, and her complete
>tail, which are hairless.

Hi there Bob.  I've written to you about this but - no response!  How have
you treated Sandy for her inoperable tumor?  We have an adrenal fuzzy,
Wally, who we give Lysodren and who is getting a full coat of fur and doing
very well!  You wrote, I think, that you're giving Sandy steroids for an
inoperable adrenal tumor.  I'm wondering if this is what's helping and how
it works?  I know Lysodren can help, but haven't heard of steroids alone
helping adrenal fuzzies.  Also, if you aren't using Lysodren I'm curious why
not.

Glad to hear you're well and had a safe trip... have you considered driving
a little slower in that little, red car?!...

Lynn Mc.

P.S.  Any Seattle, WA trips on the horizon for you?  Some of us fuzzy fiends
up here would like to throw a potluck for you.  Er, that was "friends"!