Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:58:50 -0400
Ferret Aid 2006 is a year from today, and this time there's going to be
more than just your regular vendors!  I will be organizing a "Silent
Auction and Miniature Art Show & Sale", soliciting art work from artists
and amateurs so ferret owners can finally find some ferret artwork to
hang on their walls.

This is the rough idea of how it will work.

To participate in the Mini Art Show and Sale, all you have to do is
create some ferret-related mini art (i.e. it depicts ferrets, or is made
of ferret poo, or is done by a ferret).  The art work should be a wall
mountable piece (i.e. no free standing sculptures).  I suggested that
your artwork should be no bigger than 8"x10".  You will send in your art
work to me (details to come later), along with

    - your name and email
    - the name (if any) of the work
    - the medium of the work
    - the price you hope to sell it for (specify currency)
    - donate proceeds?
    - note or email saying you'll participate in an electronic catalog

I'll make a form for this later.

To encourage participation, if your artwork sold, you will receive 50%
of the proceeds and Ferret Aid 2006 will get the remaining.  You may of
course indicate you will donate your portion of the proceeds.  Any unsold
artwork will be sold via the FML, or returned to the owner, or donated to
the next symposium...

To participate in the Silent Auction, send in your artwork along with
    - your name and email
    - the name (if any) of the work
    - the medium of the work
    - the minimum bid you will sell it for, or 0 if none.

Ferret Aid 2006 will retain all proceeds from the silent auction

The items will be displayed on friday and saturday morning.  sales for
the artwork will start on saturday afternoon and continue till sunday.
silent auction will wrap up at the end of saturday's session.

I plan on taking digital pictures of all the artwork and making an
electronic catalog of this one of a kind ferret art show.

This is the tentative arrangement and is subject to change.  This notice
is just to get your creative juices flowing!  Feel free to email me
<[log in to unmask]> with questions comments or suggestions.

A post with suggestions for miniature art follows.

Selina, Sprite, Dart, Clef, Popcorn & Sorin