From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:38:40 -0500
Hi Everyone,
Thought I would touch on everything in one post...

Darkness: Great idea on the timer.  I will keep that in mind.  We have a
dark hide box in their room but they only use that to play in.

Treats: Only one furry likes raisins and will only take one or two then
will let them sit.  They don't like baby food meat or cooked chicken.
They use to eat 8 in 1 canned dry treats and yogis when they were caged
but don't seem to bother much with them now.  My husband says they don't
really need them anyway.  I don't know what else to try.  They do get
ferratone, ferret lax and ferra vit which they love and love being held
to eat it.  They will even wait by the drawer or as soon as I open the
special drawer they will come running.  I don't feel safe feeding raw
meat as we don't have a good access in our area to truely fresh raw meat.

Climbing: last night I went to do bed check before I turned in as our guys
are free roam in their own bedroom now.  I just felt that one guy was not
in his bed so I checked inside their cover and sensed only one in there.
I got the step stool as this 4ft cage is on a 2 ft stand and lo and behold
up there on the top peeks out a little fuzzy head from under the cover.  I
was shocked to say the least.  I have seen this guy climb the cage before
but never to the top.  This truely scared me as it did him.  When he awoke
he was shaking when I got him down and it took me awhile to calm him down.
My hubby says way to go Deb now he is on his way to adrenal.  I was so sad
that he was upset.  I wonder if he learned his lesson?  I always thought
that ferts could not climb but my guys are climbers and jumpers and so
darn strong which I think is from free roam and playing with the cats.

Ok just another note.  We have them in their own bedroom and we take them
out to our bedroom to play on the bed.  This morning Michael was nipping
me but not hard because he did not want to stay in and I had to get ready
for work.  I am feeling bad now with not giving them any real treats that
they like and not letting them free roam when we are home in the house
since it is not ferret proof.  Any suggestions?

Have a great day
Love, Debbie