From:
The Nelsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 12:28:27 -0700
>What can I do about horrible Flagyl??  I asked vet.  She said there was
>nothing to do but give it and force it down..  Lovely is taking Flagyl
>and Amoxi-.45 cc of each.
>
>He is drooling, fighting, spitting.  I feel just awful. I can't stand
>watching me make him suffer like this.

Lisette-

Wish I had better words for you but we went through this too.  Mine even
foamed at the mouth.  The first time he did it, I though he had taken
poison and I was killing him.  Some just fight this more than others.  My
vet told me to give the Flagyl first since it was a smaller amount, then
give the Amoxicillin, which they like.  ( yeah, right....) I did mix the
two at one time, but then never knew if the stuff he spit out was the
Flagyl or not.  So it did go in first and most of the foaming and spitting
was over the Amoxicillin.  Just hang in there and keep telling yourself it
is for the good of the ferrets!

Cyndy