Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 07:10:13 -0800
If you're getting this, its because you touched, or were somehow
touched by, a very special little girl. Maybe you lived with her, maybe
you didn't know her, but rallied for her, maybe you "worked" with her,
or maybe she bit the crap out of you.

A Tribute to Mollie, my "Beautiful Squirrel":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3NubdxAWd5Y

Mollie's been through a lot in the last couple years, but she's always
been tougher than a cockroach. The last few weeks we've all been sad
about Rudy's lymphoma diagnosis (this is likely his last christmas.) -
even though she was scrawny and balding, the last thing we expected was
for this to happen.

On christmas eve, we drove her to ACMP, and met Dr. Paul (who is a big
part of why she stuck around this long) and his daughter and a tech.
Mollie hadn't been feeling well. After some tests, we learned that she
was blocked up. While we didn't know if she swallowed something or if
her insides were just deteriorated (likely, since she'd been living
with IBS for a couple of years.), she was too weak to do anything for
other than ease her pain, for good. What would have been more
unthinkable would have been to hope for a miracle and leave her
overnight, where she would have likely died alone and in pain.

Right before it happened, she stood up, shivering, and stuck her face
in my face. She always was such a trooper, i think she just wanted to
rest. I wanted her to, too. It was the right thing to do. I kept my
face by her face, and dave was right there too. It was quick and fast
and peaceful. I think i've found the perfect urn for her ashes.

I hope everyone is well.

-L.