From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:05:48 -0400
Hi Folks,

I'd like to thank everyone who entered and voted in the Photo Contest that
Northern Ohio Ferret Association had put together to benefit the shelter.
I'd also like to thank Lana and Jeff.

Between the Photo Contest and the Teddy Bear we had at Skunk Fest, we
raised enough money $200 for Sidney's wheel chair.

But then I got to thinking, (yes very dangerous for me).  I was thinking
of the rescue dogs that need boots, and vet care.  I was thinking about
they need the best food possible to help them keep going.  I was thinking
they need vet care.

So, I took the money that was raised, and part of my unemployment check
and sent 10 sets of boots for the dogs, 160 pounds of Eukanuba and Innova
for dogs, and sent what was left over to the American Veterinary Medical
Foundation (www.avmf.org) for their emergency response group.

Each of these donations was sent from the people on the Ferret Mailing
List, Members of the Northern Ohio Ferret Association, and all the
ferrets that are safe in homes and shelters.  It seemed like the right
thing to do.

We will find a way to get Sidney his wheels, but for now, I thought that
the money was best used for other purposes.

And I would like to thank the local suppliers and wholesalers who let me
purchase the items at their cost.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Rescue*Rehab*Educate*Adopt