From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:22:00 -0400
Rupee's kits all have their eyes open and are spending a lot of time
out of the nest box now, searching for cooler places to hang out.
There are 4 boys and 3 girls, and all are doing great.

A total of 51 kits were born at the National Zoo this summer, just
beating last year's count.

Unfortunately, updates to my Mac mean that I can no longer view the
web cam easily. After some experimenting, I've found that I can use
this url in Firefox in 32-bit mode or with VLC Player to watch them.
http://nzp-wb02.si.edu/bff

I'm told they don't have any staff resources or money in the budget to
upgrade their very ancient web cam system, so it will not be viewable
on iOS devices for a while. :-(

Linda