From:
Melanie Mullins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:55:14 -0400
Greetings all,

I would like to introduce my fuzzies and myself to the list and ask for some
help.  My husband and I work for the University of Michigan and right now we
have 2 fuzzies, 3 cats and 1 spider.  I am still fairly new to having
fuzzies.  My first one is a little dark-eyed white female and she is deaf,
Her name is Saleena Moor.  She is only about 8 months old now.  She is the
one I need help with for she still nips and she nips hard.  Saleena has been
really good with me but if she can put her teeth in it she will.  I have
done the bitter apple spray and other ways of training her and just when I
think I get some where she gets snappy again.  So far I have been the only
one to really handle other then my brother in-law Mike.  Mark, my husband,
comes away bleeding more then half time with her and so right now he doesn't
really do much with her unless he is sure she can't get to his feet or
hands, like he will get the dish towel down and cover her then pick it up
and run and she will chase him and he then will cover her again with the
towel.  Help please I have heard other ferrets that are deaf are just sweet.
I love her so much I just want her to be the sweet thing I know she is.

My other ferret Klyde come to use by surprise.  Mike called one evening and
was like I saw this cage for sale in the paper and the ferret goes with it
free.  Well Mike wanted the cage to add for his two, we decided to take the
ferret so we when half and half with the cost and that night we come home
with a silver male.  He was so thin you could feel his ribs, we found out
the next when we took him to the vet he weighed 1.6lbs.  The lady didn't
know the first thing about ferrets.  She was giving him cat food which
didn't even have enough of anything to call it food.  He hadn't had his shot
in over a year and he was never let out of the cage for she didn't like the
smell.  Well now 6 months later our three year old boy is health happy and a
fuzzy once again.

Well this long enough for now.  I would like some advice one what could help
my little girl.  And thanks for being here on the FML it has helped alot.
And I have a candle lite for those lose fuzzies of Ms. Smith.

Melane, Mark and the unlike crew
Saleena Moor, Kylde, Tabbi, Spooki, Ivy and Mezerion the spider.