From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:47:45 -0400
>From:    Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Pred flavors
>
>My ferret Mikette has been on Prednisone for just under three weeks.  My
>vet can do it flavored, we tried the cherry first.... I want to try other
>flavors, even if it only makes her take awhile to realize what it is.
>All ferrets and all tastes are different, but I'd love it if you could
>let me know what flavors your ferret has enjoyed.

At our vet clinic, we CANNOT compound prednisone with the flavors we have
available to us i.e. cherry-I'll check with my vets about the specifics,
but it has something to do with the way the pred. bonds with the
compounding agents; we can only mix pred with water and Ora-Plus, which
is an oral suspension medium.

Perhaps your vet does it differently, i.e. has a full compounding
pharmacy on-site or has those implements available, but if we NEED pred
flavored, we have to have it done at a special compounding pharmacy,
where they use different mixing mediums.

FYI!

-April