Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:25:11 -0400
If it helps any, I had a handyman step on one of my ferrets in the
past. He stepped backward, dead on the ferret and had not choice but to
put his weight down because he was unstable from stepping backward. The
ferret did make it and seemed to be fine. I learned a year or so later
that it damaged his kidneys and started the beginnings of the kidney
disease that eventually killed him. Had I known that at the time, I
certainly would have taken some precautions for the kidney disease,
including feeding a lower protein feed, giving him extra fluids quite
often, taking care of any diarrhea issues immediately (since diarrhea
dehydrates and causes loss of kidney function), etc. Hopefully, my hard
earned knowledge will be helpful to you.

Debbie

The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice...it is
conformity. Rollo May, Man's Search for Himself

Help a friend's animal shelter in need.
Check out her ebay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/Ferret-Cat-Rescue?refid=store