From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:35:40 -0500
>Hello Zoo   The story you told on the FML  is so wonderful. Wouldn't
>it be great if people would stay committed.

So many of the values we have are instilled in us when we are young.
The secret is to get to kids early. EARLY!!!!

Some of the parents out there are missing the boat, when it comes to
parenting, regarding values. We are living in a disposable society.

The dad who supported his daughter's "trading" one animal for another
conveyed a message that it's ok to jump ship on your responsibilities.
It's easier to "get rid "of the problem than to deal with it. "We'll
just trade it for something else". Kids pick up on these messages--
and they learn by example. One day she may get tired of her HUBBY--
and trade HIM in for someone else, instead of working it out. She will
probably be unable to form lasting relationships as an adult--all
because she missed out on one of life's best lessons---commitment. (The
animals in her life would have taught her other wonderful lessons too,
but they were thrown away, before they could.)

In a perfect world, there would be no need for shelters or
sanctuaries--and every pet would have the security of a loving home
for life.

In the real world, if we start early with the kids, maybe we can be
at least a step closer to that goal.

Love,
Zoo