Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2007 03:36:34 -0700
Yes, ordinances can be passed, BUT what you have to remember that these
laws will also affect rescues. What will RESCUES do when the government
gets involved and sets limits on the number of animals in a household?
Ahhh, if it were just that simple to get an ordinance passed. As we
found with the Millers, all it takes is a license to breed to be able
to get away with the atrocities going on in their basement. Licensed
for cruelty. Wonderful.

Real life is not an episode of animal cops. If it were, the Millers'
would have been shut down immediately. Incidentally, we recently
received a call from a contractor reporting that they are at it
AGAIN.Upon entering the house, we was hit in the face with a strong
smell of ammonia. As he proceeded to the basement, he discovered the
source. A ferret room over run with ferrets and FILTH. AGAIN. They have
been banned from the show circuit, they have no "clientele" or waiting
lists for babies. They are subject to visits from Animal Control. Last
year after we took in as many as possible, another "rescue" that has
yet to come forward by the way, came in to finish the clean up and got
them down to a manageable and clean level of 10 ferrets. And it is
happeng AGAIN! How can this be? What did Animal Control do THIS year?
Who knows? It was reported and know one has even called me back!
Someone or a group is enabling the Millers. Someone is providing them
with breeding stock. It's obvious that this is a ring, perpetuating
this breeding basement of filth and neglect and the kits are going out
to people with license and privilege to sell, but who? Hmmmm, possibly
the breeders/rescue that came in and cleaned up after the situation
became public last year? These same people by the way that for some
reason wish to remain anonymous? Hmmmm.. possibly the people that
shortly after said clean up, advertised on the FML a list of "kits
for sale"? Hmmmmm. Don't know for sure, but it is certainly food for
thought.

What have I done about it this year? Unfortunately, I have not been
able to do anything but report what the contractor told me to AC. Even
more unfortunate, the contractor does not want to get involved past his
initial phone call to our rescue. I am still partially disabled with my
foot and can not take on another slew of ferrets. We are maintaining
very well with the help and volunteers we have at a comfortable number
and at this time can not take on another huge influx. Anyone with any
ideas on how to get this stopped? Please step in and help. This is a
sin against these animals and some way it must come to an end. Whatever
I can do to help, please contact me privately.

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.