From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:02:19 -0500
Here i go again.
Over heard one of my daughters girlfriends, who is here visiting from
Arkansas, about her parents having an older ferret, (just got bits and
pieces), and she had made the remark about the smell (not much care being
given)?  I know this post w/b vague, till i can question my daughter (who
is away) and i am on my way to work soon, but... ARE THERE ANY FERRET
SHELTERS IN ARKANSAS?

I do not know the location yet, but i am sure if someone is willing, they
w/give up the oldster?  I am assuming, again, but since she had c/o'd
about the smell, they had asked her if she had wanted the ferret herself,
which she declined.  I am going to assume again that the ferret is pretty
much, unwanted, and ignored, and uncared for.  The parents had 3, and 2
passed (?), causes unknown, but neither here nor there anymore, my post
is to rescue the last one left, and give it a decent life.

Anyone in Arkansas, interested, please respond to this post, as soon as i
can ask my daughter, hopefully Reanna is still around, so we can get more
info from her, i w/find out where in Arkansas, they are @.  Respond to the
replies and someone can maybe help this ferret out?  I live in Wisconsin,
so...i am too far away, and have a full house already. (25).  I don't run
a shelter, they all become my personals when they come to me, so...the
responsibility for their care rests upon my shoulders, from there on.

Okay, so i am a little slow on the up take, it was late last night, i work
a very early morning job, as well as a primary, and was about to go to bed,
but daughters dogs requested a trip outside, when they came to get socks
for bowling...just made small talk, till she was ready to leave, but i
couldn't forget about what i had heard.

Please, help this ferret if u can, i w/do my best to get all the
information i can from her.  I am sure that the parents w/b willing to
give him up.  I do not like to make waves, but i don't like animals to go
uncared for.

Thanks for bearing w/me on this.

My Odie is holding his own, still little use of his hind legs, but he sure
has a determination about himself, he gets around, has free roam, right
now..anything to make his world a happy one...lost a little fur on the
top of his wee head, so he looks like grandpa :0) ...chrome dome.  He has
enough stacked against, him, i am not going to confine him.

Say a prayer for Benita, who lost her rottie, Busta.  She has a heart of
gold, cares about the animals @ the pet store she works @, as well as her
own.  [log in to unmask]

And keep Troy Lynn in your prayers also, she has her hands full.

Gotta, go, i hope to see my daughter tonight, as i have to work till
8 p.m., i really need to ask her a few questions about the ferret...
and w/get back as soon as i can w/more information.

Thanks to all
Donna, and her brood