From:
Barb Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 13:33:10 -0700
Last night, a little voice whispered in my dreams.  Yes, it was my little
buddy Kaptin Nemo.  This is what it said:

Hi mom.  Just wanted to let you know I gots here OK.  Da Rainbow Bridge
crossing was fun!  I wasn't worried 'cause I knowed da Naughtyless was
unnerneth if i falled.  I gots a great welcome, and all the Underfoot
Family was there.  I already knowed CC (Little Ceester) dat was Chatty
Cathy.  She was so much prettier wit all her fur though.  Da rest was all
new to me, but dey said dey had been watchin us all.  Da Greater Harry
Underfoot was da only one back der dat dey knowed, and dey were waitin'
for da others to cross to get to know dem.  Der was a great welcome
party, an I dressed up in my new uniferm dat Miz Carol desined.  I gots
to know Da Princess Anne and Da Prinz George.  Dat Prinz George, he has
'advanced linguistic capabilities' and said he would be glad to be
spokesferret to yuz from da Family up here, so yuz might just be hearin
from him.  He didn't know yuz would be listenin' in yur dreams, so he
nebber tried wisperin' to yuz.

An' I met da odder princess, Beana Underfoot.  She was da second
Princess.  I herd about her from CC and Harry.  Dey also told me stories
of IB.  Dat IB was a big boy and his nickname was Gentle Giant.  He's
still a big boy, but real nice.  We wrestled a bit at da party; he sure
is big!

I met da Angelique Claire.  Everybody calls her A.Claire.  She's got her
baby colors back, DEW wit a brown stipe down da back jus like da eclairs
dat mom likes to eats.  But she's hard to unnerstand cause she chatters
wit a french accent.  'Bon jour, mon enfant' she says to me.  Well, yuz
knows dat if a guy fert says dat, dem's fightin' words, but she kinda
sings dem and dey sound, well, kinda nice.  She's gone on dat Count
Chocula fert, so I didn't make a pass.  Dat Count, he's da fert who likes
da airplane yuz tolds me bout.  Dat CC girl, she's such a sweetie.  An'
adventerous now she's healthy.  I sure likes dat CC girl.  She's one
gorgeous sable now!  Maybe she'd like an 'ventrous sailor.

John B.  Underfoot, yuz called him JoBo er JonBoy, he wuz kinda shy.  He
thoughts mom didn' like him cause he and dat Dorothy S(not) who's still
wit mom, anyway dey was kinda scared ob da rest ob us and dey used to
chase us away.  He thoughts mom was mad at him for chasin CC when she was
so sick and weak.  I told him dat he was wrong.  Mom tol me to look fur
him special and tell him she unnerstood him and loved him an' Dorothy
too.  He just didn't know what dat kin' of lovin' was after dat nasty
lady locked him away in a tiny cage with Dorothy and two other ferts an'
gave dem bad food and hit dem if dey snooped when she cleaned da litter
box.  Da odder two's up here, but JoBo hasn't looked dem up.  I know da
Boss (yep, gots to meet da Boss - tell yuz bout dat some odder time),
anyway da Boss had told him dat mom unnerstood and loved him, but I guess
JoBo figured da Boss didn' know wat mom was thinkin.  Well anyway, I
straightened him out on dat!  An I tol him yuz sent a present on de
Naughtyless, jus' fur him.

Well, it's late and I got to get some sleep.  Talk to yuz some more soon.

I loves yuz, mom.

Then I felt a whiskery kiss and it woke me up.

Well, I got up and wrote this right down, so I wouldn't forget it.  And
I felt better, knowing the whole gang was together again.  I'll have to
get some pics together to show you.  But, in the words of Kaptain Nemo:
it's late and I got to get some sleep.  Talk to yuz some more soon.

Barb