From:
Dale & Dianna Marchand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:18:34 -0700
Hi all,

I'm looking for tips from experienced travelers on how best to travel
(car trips) with ferret(s).  Our trips away have been few and far
between, and for previous trips, we've boarded our ferrets at a local
shelter.  We only have one ferret currently, who's recovering from
Insulinoma surgery (April) and currently has a bad case of ulcers (very
touchy GI system) that we're aggressively treating (2am medications
anyone?).  In any event, we've got a 4-day trip to take our teenager off
to college coming up, and it's been quite a while since we've actually
traveled with ferret(s).  Aside from making sure our hotel is "pet
friendly' (Best Western), we're looking for any traveling tips and
tricks.  Also, if anyone has cage recommendations for traveling, I'd be
interested in those as well, since we currently have large multi-level
cages (too big) and small-animal carriers (too small - only for vet
trips).  So all you traveling pros out there, I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance.

Dale