From:
pwebster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 10:14:00 +0100
>Nemo has developed a rather interesting habit.  Several times a day he will
>lick the crook of my elbow for several minutes, then bite me in the same
>location that he licked.

Both my ferrets did this although not always the same location.  Eventually
by observation we reached the opinion that they were finding the main veins
in various locations (wrist, elbow, neck) using their tongue to track the
heat and then biting.  Obviously they never drew blood but we thought that
this would be an ideal way to kill prey in the wild and could probably have
been an inate behaviour pattern?.

I wouldn't tell this to your newfound facist friend though or he'll start
roaming the streets with crosses and strings of garlic etc.

Paul Webster