From:
Carole McCraig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:02:28 -0500
It's with great sadness that I have to tell of another loss to our ferret
community, Pam Deshong.  She fought a very courageous battle with cancer
for five years, but finally succumbed to it Sunday night.  She worked with
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater for many years as their adoptions coordinator.
There wasn't a thing she wouldn't do to help the ferrets.  Even while she
was undergoing extensive chemo and radiation therapy, she put the welfare
of the ferrets first.  As it became harder and harder for her to care for
her own, she had to start placing most of them in new homes.  It about
broke her heart to do this.  Pam was one of my dearest friends and I will
miss her terribly.