From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:09:07 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled flower fangers...

(Yeah, Switch & Kit...we got *you* in mind!)

Hey Noodles!  Of *course* you ain't got opposable thumbs!  You *do*,
however, have opposable feet!  You also have a neck and chin that can be
used to move stuff you gotz in yer paws!  And what about yer tail?  Come
on, ya Noodle kid!  Get with the program here!

How rare are black ferrets?  Depends on how many have access to a
well-used fireplace!

What should you know about raising a blind ferret?  Don't offer to play
cards with them.  They cheat and don't think you can see them.  Of
course, this is standard ferret behavior, so you can't really tell they
are blind.  But seriously, there isn't much difference between a blind
ferret and a seeing ferret.  Of course, there's also little difference
between a blind ferret and a blind sky diver, but that's another story
completely.  Ask Wolfy...she knows all about that. :)  The only suggests
I can give you are: Physically put them into every litter box they might
have need of, as well as any "newspaper" areas.  When giving snacks, make
a consistent type of noise or vibration so they will be able to identify
that noise or vibration with snacks and will come running.  Try to give
the snack in the same place each time, too...not just for that ferret,
but all of the ferrets out at that time.

New ferret toy in the house.  I just gave a box to the ferrets.  Inside,
it had some of those plastic pillow packs that manufacturers put in to
fill space in a partially filled box.  The fun part was that they liked
the box so much, they couldn't even wait for a snack!  They'd come up to
me for a snack, but before I could open the container, they'd run off to
jump in the box!  So far, they've punctured all but three of the pillow
packs, but I've got more at work.  See what a cheap date these little
critters are? :)

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]