Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:05:29 -0700
Following the 2002 Ferret Symposium in Las Vegas, NV, the IFC founders
decided to add a few coordinators to help with the rapidly expanding
vision.  Alicia Drakiotes was invited to become the Education
Coordinator, Danee DeVore became the Health Issues Coordinator and
Renee Downs became the Publicity Coordinator.

Alicia and her husband Dino run FerretWise Shelter and Rescue
(http://www.ferretwise.org) in New Hampshire.  Alicia has fought for
legislation to help ferrets in New England.  She offers her experience
and insight to help people work in their own areas.  Alicia sews quality
bedding and is an accomplished artist.  She has won scholarships to help
develop this skill.  Alicias home-based shelter has suffered calamities,
surviving a fire last year and water damage from ruptured pipes this
winter, but the indomitable spirit keeps on.  Alicia will host a Friday
evening get-together for shelter moms at the Symposium.  We hope that
there will be room for many more next time as it looks to become a
popular event.

Danee DeVores signature says it all.  *ADV - If your ferret hasn't been
tested, you don't know!* (http://www.ferretadv.com) Known throughout
the ferret community for her work on ADV education, Danee is also an
accomplished photographer.  We can thank her for many of the wonderful
pictures we find on the IFC website.  Danee also enjoys ceramics and has
some beautiful ceramic mugs that will be available at the Symposium as
door prizes!  She lives in Virginia and works in Washington, DC and has
been instrumental in making it possible for the vets to get CEUs!  There
is always something exciting happening in Danees life.  Come meet this
fascinating woman!

Renee Downs joined the IFC as the Publicity Coordinator.  Having lived
in numerous states, she currently resides in Connecticut with The
Poop-in-the-Corner Gang.  Renee, the resident audiologist, is interested
in hearing and deafness in ferrets.  She has been a foster mom for Ferret
Guardian Rescue Haven in North Carolina, and enjoys working with special
needs ferrets.  She also enjoys cooking, baking and writing  not to
mention traveling!, but does not like the cold weather!  Renee will once
again host a table to make sock puppet ferrets at the Symposium.  Come
join the fun and take home a new ferret!

The coordinators hope to see you this week.  Come meet us as we would
love to put a face with a name!

Meet Me in St. Louis!
April 29 - May 1, 2005
International Ferret Congress