From:
James Rademaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 23:44:36 -0600
I don't understand the Question! My ferrets are like my children, where
I go, they go! If my ferrets aren't welcome then I'm not welcome! Each
time I get one I make a vow to them to provide love, care,
companionship and a FOREVER home. I couldn't imagine throwing them out,
giving them away or putting them to death just because I fell on hard
times. As long as I can breath and eat, my ferrets will breath and eat!
If an apartment won't allow pets I will continue looking until I find
one. If we have to live under a bridge then we will find a double wide
refrigerator carton. If we have to bum on a street corner then a man
with a couple cute ferrets on his shoulders and peeking out of his
pockets should do pretty well.

Before anyone gives up their ferret (or any pet for that matter) or
decides to put them to death they should hold them up at eye level and
look them square in those beady little eyes. You will see the love,
devotion and trust they have bestowed on you as their provider. If you
lose your job would you put your children in a closet and gas them?
Would you give them to a neighbor? Would you drop them off at the local
orphanage? Pets are living, breathing creatures. They feel love, joy,
sadness, pain, loss and loneliness just like the rest of us. I've had
perfectly healthy ferrets die of sadness, loneliness and depression
within 30 days from the loss of their cage mate, so don't say they are
JUST Animals with no feelings or emotions.

Your ferret wouldn't pack up and move out if they didn't get fresh
chicken, new toys or a new hammie. They would be just as happy with a
handful of kibble and an old towel to curl up in as long as they could
do it next to their master which they love and trust! They WILL stand
devotedly by your side through thick & thin until things get better
which is more than most 'people' will do! My hat's off to Alicia
Gonzalez and Mary McCarthy, they are true ferret owners and their
ferrets are in good hands.

I would like everyone who reads this to go pick up your ferret(s), hold
them to your chest, kiss them on the nose and look them in the eyes.
Swear to them that you will never abandon them under ANY condition. If
you can't do this or think it is silly than you shouldn't have gotten
them in the first place!

Mike w/Manny, Levi, Preston, Shelby, Hiedi & Ellie Shelby, Preston, &
Hiedi were taken in from someone who no longer wanted them. They are
now loved and have a Forever Home.