From:
KiSta Ferret Rescue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:23:28 -0400
Hi Everyone,
After reading the article in Jane, I sent Ingrid Newkirk a letter.  This is
the reply that arrived today.  I am definetly thinking of not renewing my
PETA membership this year.

Dear Ms. Rushing:

Thank you for your e-mail.  I'm sorry to have upset you and I certainly
respect your efforts to help abandoned and stray ferrets.  My point is
that, while all animals are worth saving, we don't need to encourage people
to go out and buy a ferret, and we don't need to encourage people to look
for "unusual" pets.  Sorry if it cam across as more strident.

Best wishes,

Ingrid E. Newkirk
President
PETA

So now ferrets are considered unusual?  Compared to what???  I agree about
the buying of any pet, and did you notice that the biting and the rabies
issues were skirted altogether?  That was the main point in my letter to
her.

Kim Rushing
KiSta Ferret Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/park/8223