From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:06:56 EST
Hi all.  Update on Rocky and Sean here.  Rocky is busy getting all big,
fat and juicey for the winter.  He is just adorable and beautiful this
time of year.  Sean is adjusting to Middle School...... and some "real"
classes as opposed to just special ed classes.  This has been a very
difficult year so far.  I feel like it's do or die with him right now in
school.  Many of you who met Sean at the Symposium saw how near "normal"
he is now socially.  He is tough, and so we are pushing him now.  If he
falls, he falls.  He's strong enough to handle it now.  But he's got to
start catching up academically to where he is socially and emotionally
now.  He has a real good chance at going beyond what he already has
achieved.  Rocky is a great outlet for him.  A great pal to rely on.
He's faced his first "F's" in school in normal subjects.  He shed many
tears.  But I have great faith that he will suceed.  I"m not worried.
Thank goodness Rocky boy is here for him.

Another outlet for him has been writing.  He started a book last spring.
And has continued it on.  I've decided to begin "publishing" it here for
him in this forum.  This would make him feel good right now.  And the
FML has been light.  This would be great fun for some of you to read.
Remember......he is autistic.  So...... there will be some offbeat
wording and spelling, etc.  There also might be reflections of movies
we've all seen in his story.  One of the things that is affected in an
autistic child is their imagination.  They tend to "mimic".  The fact
that he is writing such a great story regardless of that fact is just
unreal to me.

Enjoy the story when I post it.

Wolfy