From:
Marc Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 11:02:41 -0500
Theresa Hunter asked about silver ferrets in a message dated 4/2.96:

I took Rascal to the Vet in December and asked her about Rascal's color
(just a curious question as I watched her do exams on the Tres Amigos).  I
had been told that Rascal was a Silver Mit (she has a white face, white
paws, no mask, silver-grey guard hairs and a ring of silver-grey hair
circling (sp?) her body just in front of her front legs).  The Vet said
Rascal was a Silver ferret.  Rascal has dark eyes ...  but like someone
posted earlier, if you look in the right light they look reddish.  Rascal is
just over 1 year old and she has been getting whiter as she gets older.

I know this doesn't answer your question, Theresa, but it might help to have
another ferret to compare yours to.  I'd be interested in hearing more about
Silver ferrets if anyone has the info!

Marc Wilson and the Tres Amigos