Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:32:05 -0500
To Mary & Eric,
Just wanted to say that was a very timely article you posted to the FML
yesterday.  I can sure relate, after having ferrets for close to 20
years, we have decided our 3 remaining will be our last.  Although I love
them dearly, years of rescuing ferrets and dealing with the huge vet
bills that ensued have taken their toll, both finacially and emotionally.
I have owned many pets over the years, but none of them has come close
finacially to the $1,000's of dollars we have spent each year in vet
bills.

I hope Mary's article is a wake up call to everyone to stop and think
before they get in over their heads and end up dumping their "vet" bills
on shelters, who can't afford it either, but some how do.

I also would like to thank Mary & Eric for Modern Ferret Magazine.  I
remember when one of their first (maybe the first) magazine came out with
an article on Ulcers.  I realized it was what one of our first ferrets
had been suffering from for sometime.  Thanks to that article I got her
the proper treatment and she lived to be one of our oldest ferrets.

Hope everyone's fuzzies are well today.  I don't post much, but Mary's
post really hit a "note" with me.

Julie and her remaining 3 fuzzies