From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:58:56 -0500
We got a call Friday as we were leaving town for Chicago to come and rescue
a ferret that a lady had found in her back yard.  Since she lived in
absolutely the wrong direction, we asked her if she could wait until Sunday
for us to pick it up.  So of course we get a phone call from her first
thing Sunday morning.  When we got out there, she shows us the pet taxi
with the "ferret" in it - it was a lady mink!  Really gorgeous little
thing, but didn't look anything like a ferret.  So we called the local
wildlife rescue and they said to release her in the area where she had
been found, since that was her territory, just that it was a good idea to
wait until evening so that dogs wouldn't get her.  We both agreed that we
wouldn't want to get our fingers anywhere NEAR that door!  The woman who
found her agreed to let her out that evening, and so we went on home
without another ferret.  This was actually a good thing!

Kurt & Sara Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You)
http://www.furryferrets.org

Help raise money for the shelter!  Click on
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=5129