From:
Diabolique Eleanor D'Artagnan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:12:43 -0700
Hey Betty,

the pet store that is closing on Sunday sold it's last ferret yesterday
while I was on my break from work.  I am slightly upset at two things going
on there, though.  First, I find it odd that there is no check on how old
the purchaser is or even a file of the date sold and who bought it.  Back
where I am from, they took that info down (much like the humane societies
do) so that they could drop you reminders AND to know that you were old
enough to (most likely) take care of a pet on your own.  Secondly, the
giving away of all of their animals the Monday after they close raises
great concern in my mind.  I wonder how many pets that couldn't have been
afforded before will be taken in now, and how many pets that end up not
working out will be tossed aside or given to the local shelter?  I just
hate thinking that any of those precious babies might face a horrible
future...and am glad that I know my baby is safe at least.  That's enough
of my ranting...hopefully I am wrong and all the pets will be loved just
the same..living a long and healthy life!

Rochelle