From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:42:50 -0500
I would like to say thanks to everyone who emailed me about my hissing
ferret!  I got an overwhelming response, especially for a list newbie!
Ferret people really are a tight, friendly community.

One person eventually pointed me to ferretcentral.org.  My ferret hisses
just like the one in the Sounds section there - I had expected something
more like a cat's hiss, which the new guy DID do once.

Just so everyone knows, I wasn't worried about his hissing - he's not
aggressive, in fact he loves his new buddy - I was just really curious
about this strange noise coming out of my ferret!  BTW, I've noticed by
watching him the past couple of days that it means either "Pay attention
to me!" or "STOP paying attention to me!" depending on the moment.

Thanks again, everyone!

Roger, Digger, and the ferret-with-no-name