From:
Shawn Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:53:48 -0700
Sunday, a new little girl came to her forever home.  In cooperation with
Dook-N-Dance (My favorite ferret shelter), Nikita was gotten from a woman
who felt she had too many ferrets and then Nikita was given the royal
treatment before coming to live with me.  She was quarentined, of course,
and she went to the vet; had to take care of some ear mites.  Then, Linda
called me and asked if I was ready to meet my new fur child.  You
probably remember I wrote about wanting an albino on this list about a
month ago; well, I've got her now!

Nikita is about a year to year and a half old.  She is in perfect health
(Now that the mites are gone).  She is very nervous; she screams if
another fur child looks at her the wrong way, at least, that's the way it
started out.  She bites the other ferret's butts if she can; when they
turn around to protest, she bites their face.  She has decided Pirate, my
oldest male (2 yrs.), is not a chew toy, and she graciously tollerates
his presence.

Her presence has caused much dooking and dancing; I have never seen my
ferts so excited!  Are they showing off for her?  I can see her gradually
adjusting; she has figured out the water bottle; she tentitively went up
in the tubes last night; she ate treats with everyone else this morning.
Did I mention she gives kisses?

Happy to be a victim of ferret math,
Lori and Rat's Brats
(Lance, Loki, Merlin, Nikita, Pirate, Smokey)