From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 07:13:41 -0600
Well, this is the last message before I hit the road.  And I do mean hit.
I'll be driving like a ferret looking to a place to scratch an itch.  I'll
be in Seattle by midweek, and on Saturday I'll give my wonderful paper to
scores of hungover archaeologists.  I'll see if they understand biochemistry
and physiology before lunch after a wild Friday night.  Maybe I'll see if
*I* can even talk after such a night.  Scientists are part animals, and when
you make them archaeologists, look out!  They carry trowels and know how to
use them.

I had to change my plans a tiny bit to reflect this later than anticipated
start.  I'll drive straight to Utah then up to Seattle, weather be darned.
Sorry for the last minute change, but I lost too much time while nursing
Pooh.  I'll swing by and visit you Californians in May, when I go to Reno
for a special pickup from New Zealand.

I'll be in Canada for about two weeks, mostly running between Simon Frazier
and the Royal Museum.  I will be in Calgary at least 1 or 2 days.  Then Back
to Seattle for a couple days, Pullman, Corvallis, over to Montana, and down
to Denver.  While the trip out is a jet-powered trip, the one back has lots
of room for stops and visits.  But let me know soon.

But don't you worry you east-coasters.  As soon as I am back, its down to
Gainsville, then up to Yale and Cornell, then Philly.  Research is my life.

As for the nutrition post I have promised.  It is almost done and when I can
anticipate 3-4 days in a row where I can upload it, it will be posted.  Some
people will like it, others will not.  It might be good that I'm on the road
and a moving target.

The ferrets are with family, the car is packed, and Bob has left the
stadium. Hope to see lots of you soon.

Bob C and 19 MO Ferretoneholics (Missing Jet and Pooh)