From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:20:15 -0400
Awhile back someone posted that swollen vulvas and enlarged prostates were
associated with the right adrenal gland (or both glands) but not with just
the left gland.  In my experience that is just not the case.  I have not
found a reliable clinical sign that correlates with one side or the other.
I have not found a sign that correlates to the size of the gland either
(i.e., some "small" glands produce bad signs yet some "large" glands
produce only mild signs).  I wish there was an easy way to predict which
side will be the problem side, but I do not think that is possible.  The
only clinical sign that Dr Williams (and Dr Weiss) put together was a
return of sexual behavior in males is likely to be a carcinoma, but I do
not think they said which side the carcinoma is going to be on.

Hope that clears up the confusion,
Jerry Murray, DVM