Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 20:05:03 -0500
Greetings to all!  I've been lurking for a couple months, absorbing all the
info and stories, and enjoying the FML immensely.

I thought I'd send out a question, hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's:
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with travelling by plane with their
carpet shark?

I'm due to travel on a 2-3 hour flight at Christmas time, and would like to
take my 2 yr.old ferret with me.  The airline won't let me carry him on board
in a small carrier (I've seen those advertised, not sure about them to begin
with); but they will let me transport him on the same flight in a carrier, in
the same compartment as the other pets.  I was wondering if this is an
acceptable method of transport for these little guys?  I do have a good-sized
carrier that he can travel quite comfortably in, but I'm wondering if the
pressurized compartment has any ill effects for ferrets?

Doofus (that's his name - it kind of sums up his behaviour!) seems to travel
quite well in general, he seems to enjoy car trips - he's usually on my
shoulder, checking out the scenery thru the window (closed window, of course!);
so I'm not really worried about him adjusting to the trip.  I'm just concerned
about the environment he'd be subjected to (i.e. noise from the engines, the
effects of take-off & landing, etc.).

Or am I just being an overprotective father?  :-)

I'd appreciate any input that anyone can offer!  Happy "dooking" to all!

Regards,

Mike Hutchison  ([log in to unmask])