From:
Yvonne Zoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 17:08:31 -0700
Hi Everybody!

I was wondering, has anyone else been recieving blank emails from
ferrety-sources?  Over the past week or so, I keep recieving emails from
different people and when I open them, they have nothing in them.  The
first one I got was from "wildferrets@....com" and the subject was "Let's
be friends" I wasn't sure if it was someone I knew, someone who had mailed
me by mistake, or what, so I replied with "Hello?" She mailed me back,
and it seems that she never sent me anything, either.  She recieved my
"Hello?" mail out of the blue, just as I had recieved hers out of the
blue!  I have gotten at least 5 of these, all from different ferret-
people.

I can't remember all of them, but one was from "ferretmommy@....com" and
the subject was "I can't wait to get together" or something along those
lines...Then today I got one from "ferretshelterfund@................com"
and the subject was "And conditions" When I opened it, it was blank also!
Is this wierd or what?  I have scanned my computer and haven't picked up
any viruses or anything, but that is the only thing that I can think of.
Maybe someone is trying to send a virus or something??  Has anyone else
gotten anything like this in thier mailboxes?

Yvonne and the four merry monsters
Tazzicle, Hannibal, Socks, and U.V.

[Moderator's note: Definitely the effects of the klez virus and some
new variants.  YOU are not infected, but someone who has your name in
their address book is infected and sending out these things unknowingly
and from different names.  I've gotten quite a few here too (well, that's
rather big understatement actually!) but can usually track them down and
tell the real senders about the virus.  BIG]