From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:19:58 -0700
Jena,
Just be realy carefull with that one. He is a thinker and can be a
real danger to himself. The video was cute but you should be heeding
a warning from it. If he can jump the barriers you put up and he can
find a way out of your house. Thinkers are problem solvers and will
anolize a the situation to get what and where they want.

Pandora was this kind of ferret and got herself into serious trouble
because of it. Years ago she managed to get over the barrier into the
hallway, up the stairs and snuck into the bathroom where the plummers
were working on the pipes fr the toilet. Pandora dissapeared into the
walls of our pre 1950s home I was renting. It too us 24hrs to locate
her and had to punch a hole in the call to get her out.

For a barrier try this. Get some molding and attach 2 lengths on each
side of the door frame but wide enough to slide a piece of plexigalss
between the molding, this will keep it secure. The place a piece of PVC
piping after cutting a slit in it long ways and place it over the edge
of the plexiglass. Make sure the diamiter is big enough so you thinker
can't grasp hold of it. This will keep him where you want him and out
of where you don't. After I did this in my house Pandra never did
figure out how to get over it.

Debi
Fuzzy Loving Ferrets