Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:05:48 -0800
BTW- If any of you folks reading this can afford to do so, please send
words of encouragement to Pat Wright in San Diego.  This guy is going to
the mat for all of us and the fact is, any one of us on this list can be
another Pat Wright at any time.  >o<

Nope, sorry.  I would never be in that position because I live where
ferrets are legal and don't "tell the world" that I have them.  In other
words, SOME people don't tempt fate.  I feel very badly that the ferrets
got caught in the middle of this mess.  Pat seems like a nice person, but
I have heard repeatedly from others that this was not the first time he
subjected himself to possible confiscation.  I do not think he should get
jail time though.  This whole thing is definitely something that ferret
owners or anyone should learn from - "don't tempt authorities at the
expense of another living, breathing, creature."

We certainly had this debate a few times in the past, but I get a little
upset over seeing anyone state that Pat Wright has gone to the mat for all
of us.

Does that include his ferrets too?  Those ferrets are lucky to be alive and
did not choose to be put in that position.  Pat has not gone to the mat for
any of us ferret owners.  He simply tempted authorities to take action.

Flame me if you'd like, but my opinion is just as important and valid as
the one above.  I have nothing against Pat, but I don't want to see him
mentioned or portrayed as some type of hero that is fighting for all the
ferret owners in states where they are illegal.