From:
"Nelson, Debra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 07:39:57 -0500
Hello All,
Sorry no news or very good news either.  Gyro is still very sick.  I will
reply to everyone privately that sent me posts about Gyro as soon as I can
get my head above water.  She is going back to the vet this morning.  I have
been force feeding her all weekend.  I can't remember when I posted last,
everything runs together when you don't get any sleep but all of you know
about that.  I took Gyro to the vet last Friday and she had lost more
weight.  She has lost 1/2 lb.  (At last weighing).  Friday night she stayed
at the vets.  Dr Colson started her on fluids Friday night and again on
Saturday morning.  I took her home on Saturday and she was in my lap all day
Saturday and Sunday.  I thought she might be getting better yesterday, she
got up for a little while and played in a plastic bag by my feet, but I
think she is just mad at the fact that I am the one force feeding her every
30 min.  or so and making her drink water.  The vet had to take her off the
very bitter med.  that I wrote in about.  When the vet gave it to her she
started scratching at her mouth and would not stop.  Dr. Colson washed her
mouth out with water and coated her mouth with Nutri-Cal, it was only then
that she stopped.  The vet put Gyro on some liquid vitamins and on pink
bubble gum med.  (I know I am so technical) (I really know what it is called
but that always sounded better.) : - )

I have to go now but I wanted to take a min and tell everyone thanks.  Gyro
really enjoyed her cards.  As you can see nothing really has changed she is
still very weak.  I will post again soon hopefully.

Thank you all so much for your loving words of encouragement!
Debra