Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:15:31 -0500
Hey all, are there certain litters that are better to use than others?
Currently we are using Yesterday's News.  I didn't know if the type of
litter had any effects on how bad there poop ends up smelling, like
covering up the smell or not.  Also, okay my babies can't seem to make up
their mind if they want to be good or bad.  I have a one year old (he was
our first) and a baby she's probably about 5 months or so.  Well Fuzzy
(our older male) we thought has been doing fine using the litter pan since
we got Baby.  Baby the first like few days we had her was an angel, every
time she went in the litter pan.  Then she decided to go right out side of
the litter pan, both of them (one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom).
Those are the only places they are allowed to go, living room and kitchen
are off limits.  I had read a post about putting plastic under the pan and
since the bedroom one in on carpet, and its an apartment to I put like the
plastic mat that you would put at door under the pan.  She still goes on
the plastic mat.  But then she has decided to go on my bathroom rug, in
the middle of bedroom floor, under the table, anywhere she feels like it.
And its absolutely crazy.  So we went back to the cage, where there's just
the room for sleep, food and water, and litter box.  I had read that is
how you train babies.  Well while she was locked up we noticed poop on the
floor.  She hadn't been let out so we knew it was Fuzzy.  I don't know if
he has also been going on the floor in the bathroom or it was just this
time.  So we put him in the cage to.  I just don't know what to do with
them, cause they will be good and as soon as they get all their freedom
back (a little at a time) they start being bad again.  What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
Tabatha