From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 22:36:51 -0600
My family had recently attended an event called the FRISKY Ferret Fun Run
by the Alberta Ferret Society.  It was their 3rd annual fundraiser and we
had a lot of fun.

The question I bring to the table is, there is another group that uses a
similar name for their event called the FRESky Ferret Fun Run.

I am confused to why FRES called their event by the same name because it
actually caused confusion with even myself.  I know they had separated
for the understanding it was for the best interest of the ferrets and
that it was only suppose to be a name change but I have to ask why the
newer ferret group, FRES would call an event by a name that is already
taken by the Alberta Ferret Society.  I asked Alberta Ferret Society
about this and their reply was they have been established since 1997 and
will continue to run this event as it has been their major fundraiser for
three years in a row.  They told me that they fundraise keeping the best
interest of the ferrets in mind.  They had no answer for me when I asked
them why FRES uses a similar name for their event.

I am asking if there are any answers to why rescues have to separate and
almost compete to get members, sponsors etc.  I am just confused by this
matter and hope that each ferret group can work things out or at least
separate everything, like respect one another to change their events to
not conflict with the other.  I am posting this anon because I attend
events for both groups and I enjoy the membership in both groups but
sometimes it seems like one group is trying to compete with their other
when they book them on the same days.

Concerned ferret owner