From:
Shawna-Lynn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 1996 11:53:39 -0400
Well, hi there again everybody.  I was reading over a few more of hte
letters to my mother, and in the FML, and I noticed a strange pattern.  Many
people were asking the same two questions, so I figured rather than respond
to all of them individually, I'd just post their answers.

#1) How old is Shawna?
I am a very mature 15 and a half, who has done tons of research on ferrets,
and is the proud owner of no fewer than 4 ferret books (I had another but it
was stolen), as well as (of course) a print out of the FAQ.  From this list,
I have learned all about the trials and tribulations of owning a fuzzy, and
still know that I cannot live without one (preferably two, depending on how
much money I can make babysitting--no one will hire me for a real job cuz
I'm not 16 yet).  I am prepared to make all the necessary changes to our
house, which includes relocating tons of furniture and boxes so that the
spare bedroom can officially belong to my fert.

#2) What knid of dog do we have?
Barney is a purebred bearded collie, but is totally convinced that he is a
human.  He has quite an attitude, and as soon as he sees another dog, he
decides if he will be very friendly or run away from the dog in fear.  It is
because of his inability to make up his mind as to whether or not he is a
social animal that we are worried about hoe he will react to the ferret.  In
the event he decides he doesn't like my fuzzy, I will simply keep my fuzzy
in my room or the spare room when Barney is walking around (he prefers to
spend most of his time outside).

Sorry this was so long. If you guys have anymore questions, feel free to
contact me on the FML. If you want to ask my mother something or have her
write back to you, tell me, because she is totally computer illeterate (sp?)
and is never online. Thanks again!
Shawna