From:
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 02:26:15 -0500
hey ya my friends!  it's been a CRAZY week at the shelter so sit back and
read on :)

i wanted to start this week's report with a special thank you to BIG.  i
don't think he hears it often enough.  every week, i sit up at da Bridge
at 2 in the morning (hooman standard time) and he's up working on this
list too!  Thank you BIG for being such a big part of all of our lives!

The wall has gone up in the new and improved shelter.  The painting of
the room is almost done and the floor will be set this weekend.  mommie
is very happy with the way it's looking!  Thank you auntie Olympia for
persuading you're friend's hubby to do the work!!!

The shelter took in 9 ferrets this week from a collector who couldn't
care for them anymore.  6 of the 9 ferrets went to Motor City Ferrets
and Nancy.  MANY thanks for taking da kids on!!!!!  3 of the remaining
ferrets were too ill for transport last weekend so they were taken to our
vet and one, Skyler has heart disease.  He was treated with antibiotics
(also has the flu) and lasex.

The 3 ferrets are now on their way to Ottawa to Lynn and the Ferret
Rescue Society of Ottawa.  THANK YOU for taking these kids!  Thank you
auntie Paige for driving out to Ottawa and to auntie Nancy for driving
all the way here from MI, mommie is still real sorry she couldn't stick
around to meet you.

our shelter couldn't possibly have been able to handle the medical needs
of the 9 ferrets.  many of the Paris kids are still in need of care and
as usual, the bank account is low.  THANK you to the FRSO and Motor City
for coming to the need of these 9 little ones!

Sugar went tot he vet for a check up this week.  we still can't find what
is wrong with her.  Dork has heart disease and may need further tests at
some point.  Elvis is doing great and will be ready for his neuter in 3
weeks!  Fleur is doing much better and has been "chatting" during play
time.

our little Roland went to his new home this week.  he was auntie Paige's
joy and mommie's Row-Row.  He was a cutie who will be missed by many at
the shelter (but not Sugar!) and we're all really happy he's in a new and
happy home.

Darwena also made it into a forever home this weekend.  She is the
original reason auntie Paige is driving to Ottawa (her new family live
near Kingston).  Darwena has had her troubles, died during adrenal
surgery and was happily brought back to life.  She lost a bit of her tail
due to a tumor and for many months we didn't think she would survive.
NOW, she has a true chance at happiness!!!!!

Please keep little Arlo in your thoughts.  He's auntie Bonnie and uncle
Nigel's foster boy.  He's been very ill and weak.

MUCH love to all, Harley "Bug"