From:
JANET YOUNG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 05:08:55 UT
Hi all you FMLers, I just wanted to briefly thank everyone who emailed me in
reply to my plea for help with our little foundling ferret with the
prolapsed rectum.  I will try and reply individually but wanted to let you
know that she has won a REPRIEVE and it's only because I had enough
information to convince the 'powers that be' that this was not the right
thing to do.Thank you one and all.

Fern, as we've called her, is coming on in leaps and bounds, literally.  She
is still rather nervous, (especially after bouncing backwards off a table
today while playing!), but she is already learning not to bite and has
calmed down loads.  The first night she was terrified when she went back in
her cage, but tonight only six days later she was really calm.  she even
curled up on my lap for a little snooze yesterday.  Best news of all, I
think I have found someone to adopt her, otherwise I was in imminent danger
of smuggling her home.  (I've been told three is the limit!!  - sound
familiar?) Last but not least, she is starting to fill-out already and her
coat looks loads better too.

Fertlicitations from Janet and Mindy in Toronto, our foundling ferts,
especially Fern and our own ferty families!