From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:02:53 -0400
Hello Jeff,

This is not a new thing for Marshall Farms, they have been breeding
beagles in the US (NY state) for many,many years for laboratory testing
use. Just like their primary ferret market is for research . In fact
the ferret pets are the genetically challenged ferrets (albinos, fancy
marks) as the labs require the sables for numerous physiological
reasons. Additionally they breed rabbits (under the name Peter's and
are like ferrets neutered way too early for pet shop sales), pygmy
hedgehogs and I imagine a number of other animals.

They just found a way to build a new international base and that
campaign has been going on for at least 10 years in the UK that I
know of.

Alicia