From:
Vickie LoMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:41:25 -0500
Yesterday I saw a lady just getting into her car and holding a leashed
ferret.  This ferret was absolutely gorgeous- fat, glossy, soft,
bright-eyed.  I asked the ferret's age (because he was as plump and cute as
a kit, only bigger) and was told he was two years old!  "My ferret's in that
age group and he's too thin and his fur is coarse and he doesn't even look
like the same species as yours!", said I.  "What do you feed him?!?"

"I feed him Fruit-Loops!" was the reply, as the owner drove away.
??!!!!!!!!!??, was my thought!

Now, this amazed me, as I know that this is not exactly the recommended
ferret diet.  But I went home determined to get my ferret fattened up.  He
thinks ferret food is poison, so I bought a little Kitten Chow to powder and
mix with his Eukanuba Kitten to improve the smell/flavor; I bought chicken
and turkey baby foods, heavy whipping cream, and ferret treats, and I put
all of this on a plate along with some Ferretone and some Nutri-cal.  Then I
turned loose my hungry fert.  He's so so picky!!!!!!!  He only wanted the
Ferretone (#1) and the ferret treats (#2).  Everything else, he completely
ignored, except for licking the Kitten Chow crumbs off the Eukanuba kitten
pieces.  *sigh* I'm never going to get this ferret to put on enough weight!

On a different subject, our local news in Reno ran a cute story this morning
about a cat and a ferret who are best pals.  The cat and the ferret had been
raised together as constant companions.  The video showed them rolling
around wrestling together, sleeping together, and sharing water bowls.  It
was extremely cute, and really good press!

Also, Moogie stole my daughter's pajama top last night, wardanced all over
it, and stashed it in a cardboard box.  We were all in stitches, watching
him.  And he wardanced all over my feet as soon as I woke up this morning.

that's it for today,
Vickie (the wannabe ferret gourmand)
Moogie (*wreettcchh* "Get that stuff off my beautiful whiskers!  Yuck!
What are you trying to do to me?!?")