From:
"Keith D. Carpenter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 02:25:58 -0700
I was reading the FML and laughing about a Kool-aid experience in a
waterbed.  I just have to comment.  When I was a new ferret owner and very
naive (about 4 years ago) I had a waterbed.  The ferrets have run of the
bedroom and the waterbed was fairly low.  Low enough for an enterprising
ferret to climb on.  My female, Quincy, decided the waterbed was a gigantic
toy and proceeded to CHEW every corner on the bed while I was at work.
Thankfully, the bed had a liner.  I patched the corners with silicon and
kicked the ferrets out of the bedroom into another room.  Of course a closed
door is an invitation to disaster.  Needless to say, Quincy and Sinbad
managed to get to the waterbed one more time and a decision was made.  I now
sleep on a very comforatble matress, in a waterbed frame!

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds---and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of. . .
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
                                John Gillespie Magee, Jr.