From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:33:40 -0500
Neither of my two fuzzy monkeys ever really gets interested in playing
games with people (no matter how much we may try to initiate them..) -
they usually just prefer to do their own thing- until today.  I was
getting ready to pass out after a long night at work when I picked up one
of their baby blankets off the floor to put it back over by their pile of
toys, and when I did I kind of flicked it (like you do when your making
the bed, trying to get the blanket to lie flat) - and they went nuts!
They were jumping in the air trying to catch it before it hit the ground.
So of course thirteen hours of work related fatigue was instantly
alleviated (well for a little bit at least) and we played with the
blanket for the longest time.  It was a riot.  I had to wake up my S.O to
show him what they were doing.  Every now and then one would catch it and
sit on it until I pulled her a few feet across the floor and then we'd
start again.  It was great, I don't know who had more fun!  I can't wait
to show my son when he gets home (knowing them they'll just sit there
looking at me like I'm nuts when I try to show him and he'll think I'm
imagining things...)

Got a question.  I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not though.  My
oldest girl (the one I've had the longest) has always been my sweet one.
She'll curl up with me under the blanket and god forbid I don't wear
socks to bed- she has a foot fetish I think... )  She has always licked ,
but recently she does the lick, lick, chomp... that's new for her and i
can tell she doens't mean to hurt me.  I'm thinking she might just be
imitating the way she plays with the other ferret.  She's never been
agressive in any way.  Should I do something about it?  She doesn't do
it to anyone other than me that I know of.