From:
EI - Lydia Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:10:58 -0500
There isn't any law that says you have to use treats to train ferrets.
Ozzi didn't like treats until just before he died.  But he did like to have
something when the others were called.  So I hand fed him his food.  He
thought it was GREAT.  He came running when I called with the squeaky toy
just like the others.

I have to admit that I had never cut the babies toe nails by myself.  My
hubby always did the triming part.  But I have been to the shelters and saw
how it was done and over the weekend I did my first alone clipping.  I was
so scared but I did it.  I used lanatone on the tummy and they were so busy
they didn't even know I was clipping.  My Smokey is the hardest to clip or
do anything too but he was so busy he didn't even notice.  I also saw at
the shelter that you can use an emery board on them while they are licking
their bellys.

Lydia and the crew
Snickers "just let me out mom please"
Casper "hey big guy want to fight"
Bubba "move it white girl"
Smokey "Where's the pop can?"
Trooper "Oh mom these kids are so silly"
Ossi and Isis @rainbow bridge