From:
Chris Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:07:11 -0000
(Many whole males are nippy and aggressive.)

Although that statement is true it is only so because of their handling or
housing.  Whole males caged close to jills in heat will become a little
stressed and young hobs get wound up near any jills in the spring.

When I attend shows my ferrets are handled by dozens of complete strangers
all day and some young kids can be very rough with the ferrets.  My big
hobs, whole and castrated take it all in their stride and will play all
day but I find the jills can get fed up and stressed after a few hours.
For safety sake and to keep my insurance cover clean I would go for Hobs
over Jills every time when doing long demonstration Shows.

Chris Lloyd                       ICQ no.     44575318
Wessex Ferret Club         http://web.ukonline.co.uk/superzoe/