From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:12:56 -0600
A funny thing happened on the way out of Wal-Mart.  I decided to take our
oldest ferret Zeus out to the store to pick up a few things.  Of course he
slept all the way there and awoke the second we stepped in the front door.
The lady who greets people when you walk in simply said " Don't let anyone
else see him ".  I thought ya right this is a ferret who will be seen when
he feels like it.  All the way through the store he kept trying to bungy
out of the shoulder sack and into the hand basket, and why not, that's
where the food was.  Anyway, upon leaving the store after Zeus had
graciously introduced himself to all the cashiers and everyone in line, a
women approached us.  Oh is that a ferret?  I have always wanted one but
my husband won't let me have one ( time for a new husband ).  I pulled Zeus
out of the sack so she could pat him and I proceeded to brag on what great
pets they are.  ( Here's my scritching part )  Zeus loves to have his neck
messaged, both sides if you please, and he turns into marshmallow ferret.
I showed this to the women to show her how wonderful ferrets can be.  Did I
forget to mention this move also makes him yawn.  Well all the sudden the
women gasped, " OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THE TEETH ON HIM."  Of course this was
said loud enough to stop half the people in the parking lot who then
directed their attention to Zeus and I.  Since at that point I realized
this women would now not own a ferret, thank heavens, I had to defend my
4.5lb furry by saying " What do you expect their domestic carnivores ( and
to really make sure she would never own a fert ) and they really should be
eating mice."  No offense to mice and no we really don't feed them to our
ferrets.  At this point the women scuttled quickly into the store while
Zeus and I burst out laughing while still saying ' They really are great
pets".  Thanks Alicia-Great Idea

Kathy and the Ferret Collective