From:
"Stephen J. Barr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 06:39:21 -0400
Dear FML,
I'd just like to say thanks to all the people who send me letters with tips
on how to travel with ferrets on a airplane.  We ended up switching from
United to Dalta so the ferrets could fly in the passenger cabin instead of
the cargo compartment.  My ferrets, Chubby and Cocoa loved the takeoff from
Maryland and then slept most of the way to Seattle.  It turns out that one
of the flight attendants used to raise ferrets.  The only trouble was the
cost.  It was $30 dollars a piece for the health cirtificates that was
nessesary for them to have if they were to fly and $60 worth of shots.  But
Microsoft (the place where my dad got his new job) paid for the shots, and
health certificates.  What I had to pay for was the "suprise" boarding fee
of $60.  Wow, ferrets and humans cost about the same amount of $ to go on an
airplane.  Thanks again for the help on which airlines to use and how to
make sure they have a pleasent time traveling.

From,
Stephen Barr (human)
Chubby & Cocoa (ferrets)