From:
Alison Skipper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 22:26:53 +0100
I belong to a list which is restricted to vets in the UK who focus
predominantly on exotics.  It includes just about every "name" in exotic
medicine in the UK.  I asked the list how many adrenal cases they had seen
in ferrets in the UK. (this was a couple of months ago).  Altogether there
were 4 confirmed cases only in these vets' joint experience (blood work
and/or histology, mostly the latter), and a handful of suspicious ones that
were never diagnosed definitely.  Between them these vets see pet, working
and lab ferrets, and they are not going to be overlooking many cases, being
at the forefront of their field.

Interesting...

Alison Skipper (UK vet)