Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:57:25 EST
>Anyone out there (including shelters) have any feedback about the problems
>(outside the obvious health and life term factors) that may be involved
>adopting a senior ferret.

I would urge you to take in the pair, but keep them together, yet separate
from the others.  No communal cages, but they may adapt to communal play
time.  If stressed, just let them have a bathroom as their exercise play
area.

I have a 1 and 1.5 year old who live together, and a 4.5 and 6 year old
living together, yet they all get along in the play pen for exercise time.
The 4.5 year old loves to romp with the youngsters, and then when they are
worn out, they go cuddle with the 6 year old.  Sometimes I let the 6 year
old have run time with my 8.6 year old, but they are never caged together
because the ancient one is blind and no longer capable of using a litter
box.  She's paper trained now.

I have a dozen ferrets in 7 cages and in 6 playgroups.  Figure that
one out!

Pam